Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
The Advisory Services group serves to broaden the overall market share of IDeaS by applying IDeaS capabilities and expertise in revenue management and pricing to drive better revenues for our clients. The Senior Advisor leads and executes revenue management advisory, training and education services to Hospitality companies in the designated region and defines and oversees the development of internal and external resources needed to accomplish business goals. Accomplishes results through planning, implementing, and maintaining methods, strategies, and business initiatives. Maximizes revenues, utilization and profit, through collaboration with all applicable regional departments and divisions to achieve the strategic use of IDeaS services, solutions and products by customers in the designated region.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Lead the coordination of the activities for a function of the business with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
• Execute defined engagements, including but not limited to such activities as:
– on-site visits to client offices and hotels as needed for specific projects
– off-site ad-hoc and re-occurring conference calls, solution training, WebEx sessions and other client communications
– on and off-site interviews and reviewing client structures, processes and procedures
– documenting of current and recommended revenue management processes, structures, performance and tools of selected clients
– creation of Standard Operating Procedures and other process improvement initiatives with clients with industry Best Practices
– production of daily, weekly and monthly revenue management reports, analysis and recommendations
• Project manage advisory engagements from start to finish according to standardized and customized processes and procedures as defined per project or engagement.
• Drive growth of the Advisory Services group by determining gaps in the solution offering and enhance the IDeaS revenue generation potential by assisting in the development of processes and tools to fill these gaps
• Continuous refinement of existing processes and tools in line with team strategies.
• Keeps abreast of trends in the related and competitive marketplace.
• Works closely with sales and marketing teams to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
• Ensure client retention and re-engagement through consistent performance and client satisfaction.
• Professionally represents IDeaS internally and with customers for project execution, business development, and resolution of issues and at conferences/forums.
• Partners with clients in effectively integrating the IDeaS System into the client operation and company culture.
• Listens and processes complex requirements from clients across different cultures and levels within the client’s organization in ‘real time’ solutions.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• 8+ years of experience in hospitality and revenue management with one year previous experience in providing consulting services, preferably in Hospitality related environment (can be company internal).
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in quantitative field or related industry.
• Excellent command of English and Chinese (Mandarin).
• Demonstrated team-building, organizational, and planning skills.
• Ability to conceptualize client needs and translate them into specific implementation strategies.
• Proficiency in revenue optimization, distribution and pricing practices, processes, technologies.
• Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated business and consulting knowledge
• Strong Microsoft Office application skills, including knowledge of VBA/Macro programming.
• Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
• Training or teaching experience along with a propensity to think on your feet for issue resolution; group training skills
• Superior executive presence, including negotiation and presentation skills.
• Superior ability to build and maintain relationships across a variety of cultures and hierarchical levels, including “C” levels globally
• Ability to build effective relationships in a professional context and return a high value to client engagements.
• Proven skills in successfully working a geographically and culturally diverse environment
• Exposure to a performance based, dynamic growth culture.
• Ability to manage change and use creative alternatives to solve problems.
• In-depth understanding of Global and Regional Business Practices
• Good project management, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Strong business acumen. This includes knowledge about how businesses work, business trends and the implications to their business, strong competitive knowledge, and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
• Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as independently
• Regional travel requirement up to 50%.
• International travel on an ad-hoc basis, may require extended stay.
• Flexible working hours might be required in order to accommodate clients in various time zones
Preferences for this role include…
• 5+ years revenue management specific experience with multi-property/regional oversight
• IDeaS Revenue Management solution user
• Command of another language
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in China and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.