Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
IDeaS Knowledge Management team is on a mission to create the perfect learning solution. There has never been a better time in the world of learning and development for the creation of solutions that precisely target the moment of learning need. Integration of analytics within our learning solutions allows us new opportunities for learning design and evaluation. If you’re interested in creating solutions like this, join our award winning team to develop and maintain learning solutions and materials for IDeaS Clients.
We are looking for someone with comprehensive knowledge of learning design theory. A qualified candidate can effectively design courses and evaluations, working within an agile environment that values continuous improvement and requires strong project management skills. The Senior Learning Experience Designer will independently design learning solutions for entry and advanced level courses for intended audiences.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Designs and writes course materials, using the appropriate tools for course development.
• Actively participates in instructional design activities and liaises with subject matter experts in determining required content, purpose of the materials and appropriate method of delivery.
• Expands professional field of expertise through proactive research and cultivation of relationships both inside and outside the organization.
• Ability to analyze performance gaps, recommends, and design solutions to include training and non-training interventions
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
• Estimates the time needed to develop any training component; creates appropriate schedule with project milestones.
• Participates in research of emerging training technologies and development tools.
• Plans and facilitates workshops with identified training groups to develop appropriate learning solutions
• Assists with the planning of instructional strategies, ensuring that they are included in all phases of project design and development.
• Collaborates with members of the project team, and other departments to ensure an integrated product support system.
• Viewed as subject matter expert within IDeaS and externally with clients and professional organizations.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design/Development or other related field
• Eight years’ experience designing/developing training materials across media
• Demonstrated understanding of adult learning theory and application
• Expertise in curriculum development and eLearning tools
• Good understanding of current training development trends
• Strong technical skills and aptitude
• Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as part of a fast-paced, global matrix team environment
Preferences for this role include…
• Familiarity with Agile development practices
• Familiarity with hospitality industry
• Experience with creating game-based learning solutions
• Familiarity with developing training solutions integrated with global objectives
• Familiarity with the Experience API (xAPI)
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.