Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
The Market Development Associate is responsible for initiating and nurturing mutually productive dialogues over the phone with mid/senior level hotel executives to stimulate interest in IDeaS Revenue Solutions. This role is focused on identifying new business opportunities in defined market segments in the EMEA Region to drive achievement of pipeline and lead conversion goals. This is a phone-centric position and will be expected to manage a daily call volume of 40-50 dials per day within Salesforce.com. The primary metric for success is generated qualified leads (inbound or through outbound activity) successfully passed and accepted by IDeaS Account Executives (sales reps). Primary duties will be following up, qualifying, and appropriately routing leads generated from Marketing Programs and executing proactive outbound prospecting plans. The Market Development Associate will receive strategic direction from the Regional Managing Director with full support from Global Marketing.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Qualify and disposition leads generated via Marketing Programs according to target market fit and sales readiness and ensure smooth hand-off of Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) to Sales.
• Execute customer-centric prospecting approach into target accounts identified by sales. Must navigate prospective client’s corporate structure and identify decision makers, uncover critical business issues, stimulate interest and appropriately communicate IDeaS’ value proposition.
• Provide personal touch to lead generation/nurturing programs administered by Marketing.
• Create a consistent experience for prospects as relationships are developed and maintained between IDeaS Sales and Marketing.
• Achieve lead generation goals set by Sales and Marketing Management.
• Aid in CRM tasks and maintenance.
• Be aware of and comply with all corporate policies.
• Maintain strong relationship with Area Marketing and Sales teams through clear communication, follow up, and participation in product demos, meetings, and projects.
• Proactively seek out information by using the web, industry resources, and other vehicles to stay current on industry issues/trends and competing products.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience or hospitality studies
• 2 years of experience in hospitality revenue management, sales & marketing, phone sales or a high-volume customer contact position. Specific industry-related experience (preferably in the hospitality technology sector)
• 1 years exposure to solution selling or other similar methods utilized commonly in a business to business complex sale environment
• Demonstrated record of successful (met lead generation targets) cold calling in enterprise software or business services environment.
• Ability to engage in a brief business-oriented conversation and articulate a relevant success story or value proposition through written and verbal communication.
• Ability to persuade and influence others.
• Ability to quickly establish rapport with contacts at all levels of an organization in order to navigate to the appropriate executive.
• Excellent time management and organization skills.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
Preferences for this role include…
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Working knowledge of customer relationship management systems (i.e. Salesforce.com, Oracle, etc.)
• Working knowledge of web conferencing software (i.e. WebEx, etc.)
• Experience with Marketing Automation tools
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.