IDeaS is passionate about our products and the evolving technologies we use to build them. Our success is driven by advanced analytics, proprietary technology and the company’s greatest competitive advantage – the people.
Job Overview & Requirements
This position will work to support data integrations, multi-dimensional reporting tools, product migrations and automation of deployment as well as to be part of the team supporting new and existing products and operations. This includes configuring internal beta environments using client data, understanding existing products and systems, defining and documenting new processes, and determining and filling in gaps in existing functionality needed for ongoing support.
This position will work with internal and external stakeholders and across different teams to implement complex projects. Also will work closely with software development and technology teams to create and support production software in our data center, and to increase efficiency in the delivery of solutions and services.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Implementation of new systems related to SAS Visual Analytics/IDeaS Revenue Performance Insights
- Development of automation code and installation and support processes as needed for IDeaS products
- Communication and coordination with other teams to identify key elements such as tools or processes needed to complete the transition of solutions through each phase of delivery
- Creation of demonstration systems for new and existing products
- Support of products in production including problem diagnosis and resolution using knowledge of networking, web and application servers, RDBMS, and troubleshooting skills along with IDeaS products and operations
- Contributes systems business domain expertise to Technical Operations and Software Development teams working on future system directions and current challenges
- Provides input to capacity planning and scalability to ensure systems are optimized to handle our continuing growth
- Work within an agile software development management framework
- Where practical, standardizes support processes for migration to Client Support organizations
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the company
Do you qualify? You must have…
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics
- 12+ years software development or I.T. related technology experience
- Software development skills with languages and tools such as Java, groovy, grails, SAS, C/C++, svn, git, ant, maven, gradle, JMS, LDAP, SSO, Jenkins, junit, TDD
- Experience with multidimensional (OLAP) products and development, modeling, analysis
- Background with RDBMS, SQL development, stored procedures, web scripting languages, XML/XSLT, Vaadin, GWT, ETL processing
- Excellent knowledge of multiple operating systems, networking, performance monitoring and tuning
- Ability to independently learn how to use new technologies quickly from available documentation
- Excellent documentation skills and keen attention to detail
- Organizational, planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Flexibility during times of change
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work pro-actively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work within as well as to lead a team
- Working fluency in international business English (written and verbal)
- Ability for occasional travel for the purpose of meetings with clients, or internal company meetings at other locations
- Flexibility in working hours required to meet project deadlines and to accommodate clients in various time zones, and to provide systems support
Preferences for this role include…
- Experience with Data Center operations and Cloud platforms such as Amazon EC2, VMware, networking, SAN/NAS, load balancers, Apache HTTP Server, Linux, Unix and containers such as docker
- Knowledge of J2EE applications and containers such as Jboss/Wildfly, WebSphere, Tomcat
- Knowledge of automation and continuous integration tools and systems such as Jenkins, chef, puppet
- Experience with Big Data related systems and software such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, HDFS, MongoDB, HANA
- Hotel industry, Revenue Optimization, Business Intelligence, and Forecasting experience or experience with modeling and statistics
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.