Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
The Regional Account Executive is primarily responsible for selling IDeaS Optimization Products and services, solutions and services to current and prospective customers with a focus on new sales. Works with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory. Additionally, the Regional Account Executive is responsible for managing relationships through a full life cycle, including approach, negotiation, closure and contract support. This role focuses on developing new business and executing strategy which will help grow volume, market share and profit. This role is critical in scope and responsibility and is a key factor in achieving current revenue targets and future revenue potential in the assigned territory.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers
• Works with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
• Execute sales initiatives and drive revenue growth across all products and services of the business.
• Meet or exceed annual sales business plan and monitor process to monthly objectives.
• Identify, qualify and pursue qualified sales opportunities.
• Track and analyze competitive programs, market opportunities, products and activities in the marketplace.
• Uncover additional sales opportunities within current customers and direct leads accordingly.
• Work with key account managers to introduce new versions of IDeaS software, services and education opportunities to existing customers.
• Address customer inquiries with appropriate internal resources to ensure customer satisfaction with IDeaS solutions and services.
• Develop and maintain positive customer relationships and works to increase IDeaS products and services into existing accounts.
• Network within the account to find new opportunities and new contacts Via direct sales activities, trade shows, industry events etc.
• Work with customers and internal resources to coordinate contract renewals.
• Provide recommendations regarding contracts and contract issues to other sales staff.
• Deliver customer feedback regarding IDeaS solutions and services to appropriate departments and divisions.
• Execute professional and creative sales strategies to maximize sales and profitability.
• Utilize Salesforce.com to track activities, contacts, accounts, leads and opportunities
• Provide monthly reports and update to business unit.
• Understand hotel infrastructure, the existing technology that the hotels are utilizing, and how it can interface to IDeaS platforms.
• Understand and document the Revenue Management Strategy of the assigned Major Accounts and how IDeaS can support this business strategy.
• Define and document processes that will ensure smooth roll-outs, account loyalty, retention and increased penetration that generate ongoing and increased revenue opportunities for IDeaS.
• Maintain open lines of communication between IDeaS and the account to provide management with an accurate assessment of IDeaS performance as a whole (Set, manage and meet expectations).
• Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and type of account.
• Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
• Develops a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
• Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services)
• Two or more years of Revenue Management related experience
Preferences for this role include…
• Multi-lingual, relevant to region
• Demonstrated success in managing and interacting effectively with software development personnel and customers.
• Business transaction systems knowledge for hotel and other industries
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work Singapore and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.