Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
Provides pre-sales support in relation to the successful selling of IDeaS solutions. Utilizes strong hospitality domain knowledge and experience in revenue management to provide consultative approach to understanding client needs and then architecting, documenting, presenting and demonstrating software and services solutions. Works closely with Regional Sales Directors to develop and close pipeline opportunities.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Provides clarity and leadership in client engagements of RM solutions and associated value propositions
• Applies intermediate to advanced knowledge of IDeaS products and solutions in sales opportunities
• Selects appropriate solutions in the IDeaS product mix for new and existing customers
• Provides business and technical expertise in bid processes and proposals through key document reviews and solution content provision
• Qualifies, prepares and delivers presales prospect/client presentations including readiness for revenue management tools, implementation approach, and proof of concept /ROI.
• Designs efficient demo’s with clear objectives, success criteria and scope control (where required) to successfully position the value of IDeaS solutions
• Participates in and contributes to RFP and RFI deliverables.
• Supports marketing events, trade shows and user group meetings, as needed.
• Partners with sales in developing account strategies, assessment of account needs and critical sales issues to ensure account satisfaction and achievement of quotas.
• Investigates and evaluate different technologies, including IDeaS partners and competitors.
• Assists Global SE Team leader on global projects and assignments.
• Acts as project technical lead as assigned
• Performs other duties, as assigned
Do you qualify? You must have…
• 2+ years of experience in technical sales, technical support, consulting or related area of expertise OR
• 3+ years of experience in hospitality, distribution and revenue management with 1+ year(s) of experience working with automated revenue management systems.
• Working knowledge of PMS (property management systems), CRS (central reservation systems), Channel Management, and other hotel revenue systems.
• Proven technical and business acumen with the ability to communicate the IDeaS solution to the client and represent IDeaS as the expert in this field.
• Ability to demonstrate, communicate and document the IDeaS value proposition, appropriate solution and unique market positioning to clients
• Comfortable seeking requirements from and presenting recommendations to executive audiences in hospitality (corporate, ownership, and property).
• Effective presentation and public speaking skills.
• Embrace being part of a sales organization and competing for business.
• Passionate about bringing revenue management capabilities to leading hotel chains in the region.
• Bi lingual – Fluency in reading, writing and communicating in English and Regional language
• Ability to travel up to 60%
Preferences for this role include…
• Combined hospitality experience working with international hotel chains as well as local hotel chains and independents.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in China, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.