Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
IDeaS is passionate about our products and the evolving technologies we use to build them. Our success is driven by advanced analytics, proprietary technology and the company’s greatest competitive advantage – our people. IDeaS believes in lean principles, rapid deployment, and metrics driven engineering and experimentation.
Job Overview & Requirements
We are seeking a self-motivated, passionate engineer to join our team who has the desire to drive standards, ensure high performing environments and improve operational efficiencies for our SAS environments.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Takes the lead in establishing SAS-based standards for a broad range of SAS tools including Visual Analytics and the 9.4 suite.
• SAS 9.4 Platform Administration including performance tuning, capacity planning and support
• Works closely with peers at SAS headquarters in Cary to take advantage of existing protocols and processes while educating IDeaS staff in these areas.
• Understands and improves automated installation of SAS products including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment processes, tools and infrastructure.
• Stays current with evolving standards and technologies with a strong desire to learn Viya
Do you qualify? You must have…
• 5+ years of experience working with and maintaining computer systems. Experience in the following areas desired: systems design, development and integration; systems reporting; and software administration.
• 1+ years of SAS Administration experience
• Self-motivated, creative, and superior problem solver with a strong work ethic.
• Experience administering SAS products on Linux and/or Windows.
• Proactive, motivated, self-directed, detail oriented, independent individual with excellent communication skills
• Has good command of spoken and written English.
• Passionate about technology and continuous learning and mastering computer-related technologies
• Availability to occasionally work evenings or weekends for system maintenance and upgrades.
Preferences for this role include…
• Familiarity with working in an agile environment.
• Understanding of security, performance, server design, storage and networking
• Jenkins or other CI experience
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process