Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
The Sr. Director, Industry Evangelist is the intersection of a hospitality industry veteran, a public speaker/blogger, technology advocate, and a forward thinker willing to challenge tried and true axioms in the hospitality industry.
This role will be responsible for identifying and communicating IDeaS strategic differentiators to positively impact IDeaS industry reputation and market penetration in the hospitality industry. In this role, you will leverage your deep industry knowledge in the hospitality community on competitive and industry intelligence, critical technology and services, market dynamics and partner landscape in hospitality and revenue management.
The Sr. Director, Industry Evangelist will inform messaging and positioning for IDeaS with critical forward thinking solutions and drive innovative business practices. As a thought leader, you’ll conceive, develop and support innovative integrated go-to-market strategies that drive demand and industry recognition. Dynamic and articulate, this person must be able to collaborate across the organization, and communicate value externally through large group presentations at user summits, industry conferences, and participating in key industry committees.
Finally, this role will be the expert in buyer behavior, prospect buying criteria and the value of partner ecosystem and will transfer that knowledge as a critical resource and contributor to the sales, marketing, product management and product marketing organizations.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Partner with the Marketing team in the composition of relevant content to be used in marketing and sales enablement efforts, as well as the academic partnership program, client initiatives, advisory services, partnering activities and other strategic initiatives.
• Provide content and delivery for client facing webinars and other market centric engagements. Contributes subject matter expertise in the development of industry articles, educational video, and other client and educational institution material.
• Inform strong competitive position that promotes IDeaS as the unquestioned leader in the revenue management space. Translates competitive information into actionable content by sales and client support, while proactively informing a defensive positioning to counterbalance competitive threats.
• Create a strong industry presence by authoring and publishing compelling thought leadership whitepapers, blogs and other social media content to promote the market leading reputation of IDeaS.
• Develop industry specific strategies to establish IDeaS as the key revenue solutions partner to execute a client/prospects strategic vision and articulate a solution that resonates at the C-level.
• Serve as the public face to the applicable markets as a speaker, thought leader and industry expert at conferences, summits and events to increase our client and industry exposure.
• Market persona mapping and intelligence – be an expert on buyers through detailed analytics on how they buy and the buying criteria; be an expert on competitor strengths and weaknesses with clear direction on how to address them proactively by leveraging our capabilities.
• Liaison into community activities– consulted, informed and participate in user groups, tradeshows and roadshows. Participate in industry boards and associations to further the discipline of revenue management and analytics for hospitality in general.
• Assist in the development of thought leaders within the various groups in IDeaS, leveraging their expertise and increasing their exposure.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• Minimum of 18 years’ experience in the hospitality field with 8+ years of formal leadership experience.
• Expert in Hospitality Revenue Management including pricing and demand strategies.
• Strong business acumen on a strategic level. This includes knowledge about businesses strategy, business trends and the implications to the business, strong competitive knowledge, and a thorough understanding of how strategies and tactics capture market share.
• Proven ability to understand and translate complex technical and business issues and solutions into positioning and messaging that connect with and is easily understood by internal/external audiences.
• Recognized as a thought leader in a related industry or market segment. Ability to drive increased revenue results. Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) including developing presentations and presenting to various internal and external audiences.
• Strength and comfort in authoring and publishing compelling thought leadership whitepapers, blogs and other social media content.
• Superior ability to build and maintain relationships across a variety of cultures and hierarchical levels, including “C” levels globally.
• Proven skills in successfully working in a geographically and culturally diverse environment.
• Strong analytical, creative problem solving, presentation and business writing skills.
• Experience promoting a high-performance, dynamic, growth-oriented culture.
• Ability to lead transformational change and use creative alternatives to solve problems.
• Exceptional time management and organization skills to successfully manage multiple deadlines with competing demands on limited resources and service several priories simultaneously.
• Excellent project management and facilitation skills.
• Ability to travel up to 50%; International travel with extended stay required on a regular basis.
Preferences for this role include…
• 5+ years of product or marketing experience within the hospitality software industry
• Master’s Degree, preferably in Business, Finance, or Hospitality Management
• Previous experience in a fast growth organization
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.