Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
This position partners with the functional leaders to develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for financial planning and control within IDeaS.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Prepares financial statements and reports for general management use.
• Reviews, analyzes, and interprets financial statements and reports for organization management.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual budget.
• Prepares periodic financial forecasts and associated variance analysis.
• Gathers, analyzes, prepares, and summarizes recommendations for financial and operating plans.
• Provides financial analysis for business decision support as required.
• Performs technical analysis to help determine future financial performance of the business.
• Monitors compliance with company financial policies.
• Reviews and/or prepares schedules and work papers for internal auditors as required.
• Enters, reviews, and/or approves financial transactions in company’s Great Plains ERP system.
• Analyzes data and make suggestions for adjustment or process improvements.
• Leads special projects and/or project teams, as assigned.
• Assists Finance Sr. Manager with department training.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
• 8+ years of professional accounting experience, preferably in a global corporate environment.
• CPA certification or other recognized accountancy qualification.
• 5+ year’s revenue recognition experience
• 5+ years of experience working within ERP systems
• 3+ years working with a CRM system, preferable Salesforce.com.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to make formal presentations to all levels of management.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to read and follow written procedures and work with only general supervision.
• Strong PC skills, especially with Microsoft Office Suite and accounting ERP systems.
• Expertise with data query and reporting tools.
• Ability to understand, interpret, and present conclusions on financial data.
• Excellent ability to understand and apply generally accepted accounting principles.
• Experience with multi-currency and transaction/translation.
Preferences for this role include…
• Great Plains experience
• Revenue Recognition experience specifically in a software company.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.