Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
IDeaS is passionate about our products and the evolving technologies we use to build them. Our success is driven by advanced analytics, proprietary technology and the company’s greatest competitive advantage – the people.
Job Overview & Requirements
The Programmer will participate in the design and development of a multi-user, multi-tenant, analytics centric application using Java EE/State-of-the-art technologies.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Analyzes the business and system requirements working closely with product management, product owners, and others.
• Designs and develops innovative solutions to business requirements
• Supports new and existing software; working with technical support and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• At least Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering or computer science.
• Minimum 8+ years of hands-on experience in developing high scalability applications using Java Technology.
• Excellent understanding of OOP concepts. Command over the design principles.
• Follower of TDD and good knowledge of Test Pyramid. Apt understanding of data and its management.
• Understanding of Enterprise Integration Pattern.
• Understanding of protocols such as SOAP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP/SFTP and REST.
Preferences for this role include…
• Should have hands-on expertise in at least two programming languages having different paradigms.
• In-depth understanding of OOP concepts.
• Should have command over the design principles and patterns. Excellent Grasp of Agile/Collaborative Development practice.
• Excellent at pair programming, “code smell” identification and refactoring techniques.
• Follower of TDD and good knowledge of Test Pyramid.
• Should have given presentations in technology conferences.
• Should have the ability to mentor/groom the team on technical aspects.
• Must be a passionate, proactive, self-driven worker with strong interpersonal skills.
• Back end technologies stack include: EJB3, JPA, Hibernate, Spring, Spring-batch, Spring IO, JMS, JAXB, REST, Web Services, PL/SQL, Java 1.8
• App. /Db Servers includes: JBOSS, Tomcat, MSSQL, MySQL, Mongodb
• Development Practices & tools include: Agile methodologies, Continuous Integration – Jenkins, Code Coverage tools like Cobertura, JUNIT, TDD, MAVEN, ANT, SVN, CVS, GIT, GERRIT.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in continuous build environment.
• Experience with SQL query tuning.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in India, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.