Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
Proactively sells IDeaS software and services to prospective client in assigned territory and markets. Mainly into independent hotels and small groups. Works collaboratively with the field sales organizations to position and leverage sales opportunities in order to acquire, grow and retain customers within the assigned territory. The Territory Sales Manager will report to the Area Sales Manager of assigned territory with additional support and guidance from regional and field sales staff.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Generates bookings and revenue in the assigned hospitality market through prospecting, cold-calling, up-selling and cross-selling activities within a territory or set of accounts.
• Sells additional modules and new modules into assigned accounts and territories.
• Strategizes, negotiates & supports sales objectives to achieve/exceed an annual sales quota
• Works with customers to uncover Revenue Management problems and recommend or sell IDeaS solutions to those problems; provides timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads and engages additional sales resources, as required
• Partners with Marketing Development Rep to pursue warm leads generated by Marketing
• Establishes relationships with varying levels of buyers within current and prospective accounts to determine training needs and advises them on appropriate solutions. Drives strategic revenue management initiatives and campaigns with the marketing team.
• Participates in the development/execution of strategic territory and account plans
• Thoroughly qualifies all leads & sales opportunities and document in Salesforce.com, such that, dynamic electronic pipeline and forecast reports can be generated
• Prepares standard quotations, proposal information, and order forms, as needed
• Works with team members/management to create and finalize contracts and sales fulfillment requirements.
• Provides field sales support as needed. Fulfills requests for information from current and prospective customers, as needed
• Creates satisfied customers that can become references and possible IDeaS case studies
• Maintains current knowledge of the industry and of the company products/services, as well as the competition
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Hospitality or other related field OR 3+ years of experience in hotel management or hospitality distribution and revenue management.
• Three years of sales experience in a hotel sales/hotel technology sales position
• Bi-Lingual (English & French)
• Ability to quickly establish and build relationships with customers, including comfortably engaging to all levels; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to IDeaS products and services and user needs.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently, and as part of a team
• Successful history of full life cycle net new business sales goals
• Contract negotiation and closing experience
• Ability to communicate technical and business concepts in person and via the telephone
• Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external relations
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and presentation skills (i.e. PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of industry/market trends and complex business / finance concepts in selling.
• Knowledge of software terminology, technology sales cycles, and Solution Selling.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and strategic sales skills.
• Ability to multi-task and deliver under pressure; prioritize; develop metrics and a sales plan.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, develop a sales plan, accurately forecast sales on a consistent basis and work with Area Sales Manager to provide accurate sales forecasts on a consistent basis.
• Ability to travel up to 40%
Preferences for this role include…
• Knowledge of hospitality terminology and/or revenue management terminology
• Salesforce.com (SFDC) Experience
• Knowledge of RMS Hospitality market
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.