Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 28 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
The Director, Global Strategic Alliances is responsible for development and execution of strategic alliance and business development activities as an enterprise priority. Responsible for partner relationships and commercial engagement to include integration partners, industry partners, channel or other appropriate alliances that help increase market share, creates a competitive advantage in the marketplace and amplifies IDeaS brand and leadership position. Provide the Leadership Team with timely views of the changes in the industry landscape, its ecosystem and IDeaS positioning. This position can only be successful by ensuring cross functional alignment across teams such as Product Management, Technology & Development, Marketing, Sales, Knowledge Management, Advisory and Client Services.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Understands the dependence of IDeaS systems on data and fosters strong relationships with partners to create mutual benefit to both partners as well as clients.
• Responsible for the overall performance of the global partner ecosystem.
• Maintains company and global partner ecosystem standards for the responsible area of management including accurate and appropriate written documentation of projects.
• Ensures a consistent message is communicated to partners, and keeps abreast of new solution and technology development and marketing strategies; keeps partners informed of development and deployment as appropriate.
• Manages contract reviews and negotiations for partner development and coordinates project activities from onset to completion; ensures fulfillment of partner contract obligations.
• Identify market opportunities and their realization through progressive efforts; including new revenue streams to diversify our product offerings and expand our reach.
• Works collaboratively across the business and with the product strategy and marketing team to align initiatives into our long-range planning process and business plans.
• Interact with marketing team to promote marketing and branding initiatives through press releases, internal communications, blogs and similar venues.
• Collaborates on developing industry specific strategies to establish IDeaS as the key revenue solutions partner to include the following: identify industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, establish strategic vision and articulate a solution capability that resonates at the C-level.
• Evaluates, selects, and develops team members to ensure the efficient operation of the function
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or similar
• 15+ years fifteen years overall experience in in Alliances, Business Development, or Marketing role with a global organization (5+ in a leadership role)
• Previous experience in the travel or related industries
• Experience in P&L and budget management
• Strong leader with a successful track record of interacting and leveraging cross-functional teams
• Ability to establish relationships with people at all levels within the organization as well as external partners
• Possesses both an entrepreneurial spirit and a critical thinking / decision making process that is data centric
• Balances voice of the customer with innovation to develop unique solutions that capture the market’s attention
• Confident public speaker. Has experience speaking extemporaneously as well as with a script (ability to compose presentations) in front of large audiences
• Technical experience; working with business systems analysts and the development team
• Experience with different styles of integration and expertise in the advantages and disadvantages of each in different situations for process optimization
• Business planning, understanding the Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC)
• Ability to present effectively to senior executives, partners, clients and prospects at industry events
• A strong visionary who can help IDeaS grow domestically and internationally
• Excellent project management, organizational and customer service skills
• Ability to work independently, maintain tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
• Strong results orientation with demonstrated track record of success
• High degree of adaptability; ability to excel in dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to travel 30-40% domestically and internationally which may include extended stay visits.
Preferences for this role include…
• Experience in the Hospitality & Travel industry, either through working within the industry or within a consulting role
• Master’s degree
• Previous experience in a fast growth/start-up environment
• Additional language skills
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.