Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
Since 1989, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
This is an inside sales position, part of a growing and dynamic sales organization at IDeaS. This role will proactively sell IDeaS software and services via phone and webcasts to prospective or current customers in assigned territories and markets, mainly independent hotels and small groups. Works collaboratively with the field sales organization to position and leverage sales opportunities in order to acquire, grow and retain customers within the assigned territories. The Territory Account Executive will report to the Senior Area Manager of Sales, with additional support and guidance from Area Vice President and field Account Executives. This position will be located on site at SAS Marlow office UK.
• Generates new revenue opportunities for the pipeline Territory Account Executive and for the pipeline of the Account Executives in the assigned hospitality market through prospecting, cold-calling, up-selling and cross-selling activities within a territory or set of accounts
• Supports Senior Account Executive with assigned sales opportunities
• Strategizes, negotiates & supports sales objectives to achieve/exceed an annual sales quota
• Works with customers to uncover Revenue Management problems and recommend or sell IDeaS solutions to solve those problems; provides timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads and engages additional sales resources, as required
• Collaborates with Marketing Development Representative teammates to pursue warm leads generated by Marketing
• Establishes relationships with varying levels of buyers within current and prospective accounts to determine needs and presents appropriate solutions
• Support strategic revenue management initiatives and campaigns with the marketing team
• Participates in the development/execution of strategic territory and account plans
• Accurately and continuously maintains sales opportunities in Salesforce.com such that, dynamic electronic pipeline and forecast reports can be generated
• Prepares standard quotations, proposal information, and order forms, as needed
• Works with team members and finance management to create and finalize contracts
• Provides field sales support as needed. Fulfills requests for information from current and prospective customers, as needed
• Creates satisfied customers that can become references and IDeaS case studies
• Maintains current knowledge of the industry and of the company products/services, as well as the competition
• Performs other duties, as assigned
• Fluent in German and English
• 2+ years’ Work experience in technology or hospitality sales, reservations or revenue management
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Ability to quickly establish and build relationships with customers, including comfortably engaging management levels; ability to communicate technical and business concepts via phone and webcast, and relate them to IDeaS products and services and user needs
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently, and as part of a team
• Ability to communicate technical and business concepts via the telephone and webcasts
• Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external relations
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and sales skills
• Ability to multi-task and deliver under pressure; prioritize; develop metrics and a sales plan
• Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, develop a sales plan, and accurately forecast sales on a consistent basis
• Knowledge of hospitality terminology and/or revenue management concepts
• Salesforce.com experience and Microsoft SharePoint experience
• Comfortable utilizing LinkedIn and other social selling platforms to advance business objectives
• Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion
• Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
• Ability to travel up to 30%
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.