Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 28 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
The Sr. Account Executive is primarily responsible for new business sales of IDeaS Revenue Management Solutions and Services into the parking industry through a direct sales approach to on and off airport groups, airports, parking operators both at airports and off street. The role will also manage IDeaS commercial relationship with named clients that are classified as IDeaS Car Park accounts within the US. Responsible for protecting these accounts as well as contributing to regional sales results by growing account revenue via new sales to nominated managed accounts. Primary metrics for this are annuity revenue retention and sales to managed accounts.
This role is critical in building and maintaining high-revenue relationships, as well as achieving future revenue potential via new solutions sold. The Snr Account Executive is responsible for managing relationships through a full life cycle, including lead generation, approach, negotiation, closure, contract support, and ongoing relationship management.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Actively engages and supports a progressive and dynamic corporate culture within IDeaS.
• Identifies, qualifies and pursues new business opportunities for IDeaS car park revenue management solutions in the assigned territory to prospective clients and growth opportunities with current clients. This includes software products, and Advisory Service offerings.
• Assists in corporate lead generating activities and support of industry trade shows/events.
• Implements and builds upon the strategic marketing and sales plan, including competitive positioning of IDeaS products and solutions in the market place to help grow volume, market share and profit on a value proposition basis.
• Applies knowledge of IDeaS marketing goals and objectives, IDeaS solutions, supported platforms, and marketing trends to assess account needs.
• Utilizes challenger sales methodology with an innovative sales approach, and consultative strategic techniques.
• Develops a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
• Establishes and drives growth targets across Key Performance Indicators of Profitability, Revenue Growth and Revenue Recognition. Ensures all business is executed according to current policies and guidelines and within desired profitability margins.
• Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed using dedicated online tools; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
• Negotiates contracts and resolves contract issues in partnership with IDeaS contracts team for new and renewing contracts.
• Meets or exceeds annual sales business plan (quota). Monitors progress to monthly & quarterly objectives.
• Uncovers additional sales opportunities within existing customers through the introduction of new modules of IDeaS software, advisory services and coaching.
• Addresses customer inquiries with appropriate internal resources to ensure customer satisfaction with IDeaS solutions and services.
• Develops and maintains positive customer relationships.
• Networks within the account to find new opportunities and secure C level contacts.
• Delivers customer feedback regarding IDeaS solutions and services to appropriate departments and divisions.
• Collaborates with IDeaS product management on strategic sales of new products and development of product roadmaps in support of major relationships.
• Utilizes Salesforce.com to track activities, contacts, accounts, leads and opportunities in order to provide an online forecast and updates for the company.
• Understands car park infrastructure, the existing technology that the parking organizations are utilizing, and how it can interface to IDeaS platforms.
• Understands and documents the pricing & revenue management strategy of the assigned accounts and how IDeaS can support this business strategy.
• Defines and documents processes that will ensure account loyalty, retention and increased penetration that generate ongoing and increased revenue opportunities for IDeaS.
• Maintains open lines of communication between IDeaS and the account to provide management with an accurate assessment of IDeaS performance as a whole.
• Tracks and analyzes the competition, products and activities.
• Conducts significant direct contact with prospects and customers and travels to sites as required.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• Requires a minimum of 8 years of progressive experience as an enterprise sales professional, within consultative / technical sales.
• 3+ years’ experience selling pricing and or revenue management software
• BA or BS in Business, Marketing, MIS or equivalent work experience
• New business development skills
• Demonstrated success and overachievement in value proposition selling and experience of market share growth.
• Excellent consultative and listening skills with a strong ability to communicate across a range of diverse cultures and corporate levels, including Executive Management (C-Level) teams.
• Strong business acumen, combined with the ability to translate complex business problems into workable solutions.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan to meet goals
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English), strategic selling skills, and ability to communicate complex issues in writing and verbally to users, business and technical persona.
• Superior analytical skills balanced by an ability to navigate the larger strategic picture.
• Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities, and IDeaS internal teams to develop and deliver solutions to prospect requirements.
• Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques and software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
• Ability for annual travel up to 60%
Preferences for this role include…
• Experience selling pricing and or revenue management software in the hospitality or travel sector.
• Revenue Management related experience
• Demonstrated success in managing and interacting effectively with software development personnel and customers.
• Ability to understand airport parking industry and parking infrastructure, the technology within parking operations, and interfaces with IDeaS
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.