IDeaS is passionate about our products and the evolving technologies we use to build them. Our success is driven by advanced analytics, proprietary technology and the company’s greatest competitive advantage – the people.
We are seeking a highly skilled engineer to join our team who shares the desire to architect and build infrastructure and applications. IDeaS believes in lean principles, rapid deployment, and metrics driven engineering and experimentation.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Understands and improves (automate) Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment processes, tools and infrastructure.
- Supports and works with the Development and QA teams to continually improve IDeaS’ products.
- Provides support for assigned products, including installation, maintenance, documentation, customization, and utilization of product features.
- Monitors hosted platforms
- Scripts deployment of servers and software builds.
- Performs capacity management, performance tuning and load testing.
- Performs change control, configuration, release management, log and backup management.
- Provides technical leadership and mentoring, promoting adherence to standardized IT processes and strategic principles
- Recommends operational efficiencies, especially in areas of scalability, redundancy and high availability solutions.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, databases or utilities software.
- Produces and maintains current documentation on IDeaS system needs within scope of responsibility.
- Stays current with evolving standards and technologies.
- Has good command of spoken and written English.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Essential Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field.
- 3+ years of experience working with and maintaining computer systems including hands-on experience administering a 24/7 web infrastructure (prefer Java, Apache, Wildfly and/or Tomcat)
Additional Job Requirements
- Working knowledge of supporting relational data base both in both development and production environments (MS SQL 2008/2014 and MySQL 5.x preferred)
- Experience working with continuous build and integration systems (JBoss, Jenkins, Sonar, Subversion, Artifactory, Nexus, Maven experience preferred).
- Experience with automation in a one or multiple scripting framework(s) (e.g. Batch, PowerShell, Perl, Ant)
- Proactive, motivated, self-directed, detail oriented, independent individual with excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with AGILE and SCRUM development processes.
- Working knowledge of software engineering and quality assurance processes.
- Ability to write clear and concise environment and process documentation.
- Passionate about technology and continuous learning and mastering computer-related technologies.
- Revenue optimization industry familiarity
- SAS software experience
- Systems design experience
- Will occasionally need to work evenings or weekends for system maintenance and upgrades.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion.
- Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position located onsite in Bloomington, MN
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered
“This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.”
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.