Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
Love the hospitality industry but wanting to let go of property operations stress? Are you seeking exposure to a wide range of multi-national hotel chains? If you have a passion for training and technology solutions, IDeaS has an exciting opportunity for your consideration!
IDeaS, a SAS company, has an outstanding opportunity for a Client Training Specialist. As a Client Training Specialist, you will be responsible for providing face to face training, remote training and assistance for clients working with the IDeaS suite of products, in support of company and department goals. IDeaS Client Training Specialists bring innovation and clarity to the client’s experience with IDeaS Solutions and set the stage for a strong ongoing relationship.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Provide clear and concise face-to-face conceptual and operational IDeaS solution(s) training to hotel clients using IDeaS approved training materials
• Delivery of remote training sessions to individuals and groups using tools such as Webex
• Provide assistance in configuring the IDeaS systems at client sites in order to ensure that the client is able to experience maximum benefit from the installation of the system
• Provide assistance and guidance to clients in effectively integrating the IDeaS System into the hotel operation and company culture
• Listen and process complex requirements from clients across different cultures and levels within the client’s organization in ‘real time’
• Delivery of detailed status and summary reports to the IDeaS team following each training assignment in line with standardized timelines
• Ensure that all materials presented to the client meet set format standards and convey professionalism and clarity
• Identification of areas where further training may be required at a client site in order for the users to obtain the maximum benefits from the IDeaS System
• Participation in the development and review of effective training materials
• Provide consultation to Hotels in regards to business practices directly related to the use of the IDeaS system
• Delivery of in-house training to other members of the IDeaS team and mentoring of new members of the Client Training Specialist team
• Demonstration of the IDeaS System and IDeaS concepts in a sales environment during client visits or trade shows
• Liaison with instructional design and learning management system team
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• 3+ years of hotel rooms or revenue management experience, preferable in a corporate environment
• One of the following:
o BS or BA in Hospitality Management
o Associate’s degree in the same fields plus 2 additional years of stated essential qualifications
o High school diploma (GED) plus 4 additional years of stated essential qualifications
• Training or teaching experience along with strong group training skills
• German language fluency
• Working fluency in international business English
• Software training experience
• Experience in working with international audiences
• In-depth understanding of revenue management concepts
• Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise these in pressurized environments
• Effective and assertive communication and presentation skills
• Detail oriented with effective organizational skills
• Ability to identify and resolve problems
• Ability to work under pressure away from the home office base
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as independently
• Microsoft PowerPoint knowledge
Preferences for this role include…
• Previous experience with the IDeaS RMS
• Ability to travel extensively (up to 80% of the time away from home office base)
• Ability for flexible working hours as required in order to accommodate clients in various time zones
• Current driving license
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom or Germany, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.