Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
IDeaS Knowledge Management team is on a mission to create the perfect learning solution. There has never been a better time in the world of learning and development for the creation of solutions that precisely target the moment of learning need. Integration of analytics within our learning solutions allows us new opportunities for learning design and evaluation. Knowledge Management is a strategic investment area for IDeaS.
This role will lead an award winning team to develop and execute the ongoing vision for IDeaS learning solutions, drive planning, development and delivery of internal and external learning products across the IDeaS portfolio.
IDeaS is transforming the learning experience through innovative design, technology and delivery systems and are regularly recognized for their outstanding achievements, most notably winning Brandon Hall Group awards in the past two consecutive years.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Responsible for determining the direction, technologies, standards, and workings of the department.
• Expands professional field of expertise through proactive research and cultivation of relationships both inside and outside the organization.
• Employs and manages the departmental staff, establishing departmental goals and priorities
• Fosters a collaborative team environment, and other departments to ensure an integrated product support system.
• Evaluate effectiveness of learning solutions through input from key clients. Implement changes accordingly.
• Oversees the development of all educational and performance support components
• Coordinates the allocation of resources for projects within and outside the department
• Keeps other groups informed of departmental projects and schedules
• Manages department budget and approves purchases of tools and resources within corporate approval limits.
• Plans and gives presentations on Knowledge Management vision, roadmap and projects.
• Ensures that the department personnel receive the training and support necessary to perform their function within the organization.
• Viewed as subject matter expert within IDeaS and externally with clients and professional organizations.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• Advanced degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or a related discipline
• 14+ years of professional experience in developing or managing the development of online training, software user-assistance or performance support, including 8 years of experience in managing curriculum development and eLearning tools.
• 7+ years of experience in a leadership role including 4+ years in a formal management role.
• Advanced knowledge of instructional design principles and learning theory
• Advanced understanding of current online training and performance support development trends and technologies
• Excellent organization, leadership, and written and oral communication skills.
• Strong decision-making ability
• Sound knowledge of management principles
Preferences for this role include…
• Strong experience with developing learning solutions for a SaaS product.
• Familiarity with developing training solutions for a global audience
• Familiarity with Agile/Kanban development practices
• Familiarity with the Experience API (xAPI)
• Familiarity with hospitality industry
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.