Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 25 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
Contribute to the research and development of innovative, market-centric products. Analyze customer data and build high-end analytical models for solving high value business problems relevant to revenue and profit optimization. Transfer client business requirements into a tangible product solution that addresses the specific customer requirements to ensure highest quality products and positively affect sales and client retention. Create and deploy new intellectual property to innovatively fulfill the needs of customers. Develop high-quality analytical algorithms (i.e. using machine learning, predictive analytics) with responsibility for programming, testing, and documenting.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Design new algorithms and carry out analytical data analysis in support of research activities.
• Researches and selects appropriate statistical methods and computational algorithms.
• Advances IDeaS’ leadership position in the market for analytical and statistical software by understanding and anticipating customer needs.
• Maintain effective communication with management, internal clients and external clients (if applicable).
• Develop internal and external documentation as required.
• Builds expertise in one or more specialized areas of analytics by participation in research conferences and professional activities.
• Builds high-end analytic models for problems relevant to revenue optimization using supervised and unsupervised statistical modeling techniques.
• Builds new variables by interpreting underlying data in novel ways; develop data modeling techniques to improve model performance.
• Maintains and improve the processes and procedures for building high-end analytic modeling solutions.
• Writes coherent reports and makes presentations on high-end analytical projects.
• Manage the analytic components of the project and provide analytic leadership through key project decisions.
• Efficiently learns any new / additional tools / skills as necessary.
• Mentors/trains others in expertise.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• 6 years of relevant experience in ETL, analyzing data, building analytical models, data science, and/or algorithm development.
• Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related engineering or analytical sciences field.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, balanced by the ability to apply common sense.
• Ability to teach complex concepts and explain technical material to both technical and non-technical users.
• Ability to examine data and detect possible problems; create and test hypotheses about causes and cures.
• Strong attention to details without losing site of the business problem.
• Previous experience working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and to coordinate team activities.
• Experienced with SAS, R, Java, Python, SQL, MS Excel/VBA and/or other programming languages.
• Skilled in writing documents for external clients.
• Proven ability to work successfully under pressure and within timelines.
Preferences for this role include…
• PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related engineering or analytical sciences field.
• Knowledge of Revenue Management and Pricing concepts.
• Understanding of Forecasting techniques and predictive analytics.
• Advanced experience with Analytical Programming Techniques, Model Building, and/or Algorithm Design.
• Advanced knowledge of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS/SQL, SAS Macro Language, SAS/ETS, SAS/OR.
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.