See what some of our renowned industry partners have been working on to support our mutual clients during these difficult times.
Every hotel faces its own unique set of challenges right now, but it’s important to remember we’re all in this together. At IDeaS, we’re fortunate to be part of a stellar partner ecosystem of hundreds of industry-leading organizations worldwide, including technology and channel partners, academic institutions, and industry experts.
We’ve all been working tirelessly throughout this pandemic and ensuing downturn to support our mutual clients, and a wealth of insights and guidance has already been produced. Now we want to share just a sampling of the great resources and initiatives some of our partners have created so far.
Keeping You Up to Speed
- RateGain has released the second edition of its report assessing the global impact of COVID-19 on the hospitality industry in collaboration with IDeaS and HSMAI Europe. The report tracks week-wise room reservations and trends from over 20 countries across the globe, giving a comprehensive view of the current state of the industry and strategies hotel professionals can leverage to cope with the crisis. Download the report here: https://go.rev.ideas.com/IDeaS_RateGain_COVID-19_Study_PDF
- To help travel brands adapt to this fast-changing environment, ADARA created its Traveler Trends Tracker which taps into real-time data to track consumer behavior and identify key trends. This information, being updated regularly, helps travel marketers activate the most informed marketing strategies based on the most recent consumer travel activities. Follow the tracker here: https://adara.com/traveler-trends-tracker/
- STR has been closely monitoring hotel industry performance data in all world regions with insightful analysis posted regularly. Sign up to receive their industry updates here: https://str.com/data-insights-blog/coronavirus-hotel-industry-data-news
Aiding Your Recovery
- Triptease has released an actionable guide on how to reopen hotels post-lockdown as well as cleaning standards and policies to consider.
- For 120 days, Navis will offer all US hotels using one of its supported booking engines free shopping cart abandonment (SCA) with no obligation. SCA creates actionable leads in the Navis CRM—learn more and sign up here: https://www.naviscrm.com/shopping-cart-abandonment
- Looking for creative ways to boost occupancy and capture alternative demand? MeetingBooker’s technology can help hotels transition to selling their guest rooms as remote offices and workspace on their own websites: https://bit.ly/2XkstpK.
Enabling Tomorrow’s Leaders
- Avvio has launched its Hotel Digital Academy in an effort to give back and help hospitality individuals upskill. The academy covers an introduction to digital marketing, tailored specifically to the hospitality industry, through self-learning modules and a range of webinars and guides. These are free and open to anyone interested. Sign up here to register: https://academy.avvio.com/
- Oracle is offering the opportunity to build team knowledge with free online training for OPERA Cloud, OPERA 5, Simphony and other leading Oracle Hospitality products. Get started today: https://bit.ly/3bg4Liu.
- And we at IDeaS have made our own online coursework available to the global revenue management community, free of charge. IDeaS Revenue Management Foundations are interactive, self-paced courses that lay the foundation upon which hotels and parking businesses can build a solid commercial success framework. Designed for those refreshing their education through self-study and students in hospitality programs globally, topics include forecasting, inventory management, demand-based pricing and more.
We hope you’ve discovered some useful information above to help inform your hotel’s strategy and make the most of these unfortunate circumstances. Be sure to subscribe to this blog to receive future updates. For additional resources and guidance from IDeaS’ industry experts, please visit our COVID-19 hotel industry hub.