- By addressing channel performance, hoteliers can optimize pricing and marketing across all channels
- Cost data can be configured to include fixed and percentage acquisition costs of channels
- IDeaS’ channel performance tools are just part of the flexible automation and insights to help you achieve your profit goals on your journey to success
There’s a lot of industry buzz about attracting and converting direct bookings to thwart OTA commissions and drive guest loyalty—and that’s a worthy goal. However, many hotels rely on OTAs for their marketing reach, oftentimes dominated by bigger brands. Our advice? Gather your data, evaluate your channel mix and costs and make informed decisions that deliver the greatest bang for the most tolerable buck.
By addressing channel performance—the concept of measuring business mix across a complex, multi-channel booking landscape—hoteliers can optimize pricing and marketing across all channels, and boost revenue and profitability. This topic is of great interest to owners, asset managers and senior executives in finance, revenue management and distribution looking to increase asset value and expand profits.
There are services you can engage to analyze your channel costs and source data, reporting on historical data. However, why employ costly services when you can capture and view this information within your automated revenue management system (RMS) in real-time and looking into the future?
Only IDeaS G3 RMS takes the power of market intelligence data, incorporated automatically into seamless revenue technology, and allows you to validate that strategy against channel costs to calculate true net revenue, ADR and RevPAR to align profit goals with revenue strategy.
Cost data can be configured to include fixed and percentage acquisition costs of channels or channel/source combinations. By using the Business Insights dashboard, IDeaS G3 RMS users are provided unprecedented views into their channel and source data, which supports better decision-making for total profitability and understanding overall business performance.
You can also report on key performance indicators (KPIs) associated with channel/source performance and costs to evaluate their impact on revenue performance and profitability. These metrics can be viewed for past and future periods and include net room revenue, net ADR, net RevPAR, net rate values and more.
Elevate your hotel’s revenue management and turn that into profit optimization. IDeaS’ channel performance tools are just part of the flexible automation and insights to help you achieve your profit goals on your journey to success.
- Presenting the Holiday Gift Guide for that Special Hotel In Your Life - November 10, 2020
- Twice in a (Work) Lifetime – A Tale of Two Tech Companies - March 26, 2019
- Channel Performance Revs Up Profits for Hoteliers - April 11, 2018